Local council buying up ‘strategic’ properties across Kilkenny
Kilkenny County Council has been busy this week trying to arrange compulsory buying orders on a portfolio of buildings across the city and county.
The local authority this week made 10 applications to An Bord Pleanála for compulsory buying orders on the buildings.
The properties the council are seeking orders are located in:
- Barna, Freshford
- 60 Maudlin Street, Kilkenny
- 34 Pearse Street, Kilkenny
- Old Health Centre, Kilmacow
- 26 Collins Park, Callan
- 25 Collins Park, Callan
- 8 Upper Patrick Street, Kilkenny
- 7 Upper Patrick Street, Kilkenny
- 6 Upper Patrick Street, Kilkenny
- 10 Blackmill Street, Kilkenny
- 11 Tilbury Place, James Street, Kilkenny
All of the applications are being made as part of a Strategic Infrastructure Development (SID) application, which is described as developments that are of “strategic economic or social importance” to the region.
Due to the SID status, Kilkenny County Council can make the application directly to An Bord Pleanála.
A decision on which properties the council will be able to purchase will be reached by the National Planning Authority by the end of April 2021.