Kilkenny walking tour named country’s best staycation experience
A walking tour of Kilkenny city has been voted the top staycation experience in Ireland by followers of the world’s largest travel website.
With people seemingly resigned or excited by the fact we will be staycationing for the second year in a row, Tripadviser – the world’s leading travel guide, has been told by its readers a trip to the Marble City is the best experience to be had in Ireland.
And Shenanigans Walks – Guided Walking Tour in Kilkenny has been selected as the best traveller’s experience in the country.
TripAdvisor released their top 10 staycation experiences in Ireland over the weekend, as part of their Travellers’ Choice 2021 awards.
The trip to Kilkenny and walking tour came out top of the pile based on reviews and ratings on their site from the start of this year up until April 30.
The Marble city walk pipped some of Ireland’s foremost tourist destinations to reach the top including, Howth, Dingle and a Game of Thrones tour.
The full list is as follows:
- Guided Walking Tour in Kilkenny
- Howth Peninsula Hiking Tour
- Exhilarating Rib experience – Dingle sea safari
- Titanic Belfast Visitor Experience and Giant’s Causeway Day Trip
- Dublin Bay Seal Kayaking Safari at Dalkey
- Game of Thrones Tour
- Self-Guided Cycling Tour at Killarney National Park including Muckross House
- Irish Rock ‘N’ Roll Museum Experience Dublin
- Cliffs of Moher Tour Including Wild Atlantic Way
- Dublin Secret Food Tour