Kilkenny Castle is Ireland’s top-rated attraction outside Dublin: TripAdvisor
By COLIN BARTLEY
TOURISTS just can’t get enough of Kilkenny’s medieval charms, according to the latest list of top tourist attractions in Ireland.
TripAdvisor has just released the top 10 Highest-Rated Irish Landmark Attractions in 2019 and Kilkenny Castle comes fourth on the list.
Kilkenny Castle is also the top-rated attraction outside of Dublin. It is described as “Ireland’s best preserved castle” on the hugely influential travel and booking site – and is the top rated castle in the country on Tripadvisor’s list.
The list is topped by Kilmainham Gaol in Dublin, followed by Trinity College Dublin and St Patrick’s Cathedral.
The full list is as follows:
- Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin
- Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny
- Blarney Castle and Gardens, Co. Cork
- Dún Aonghasa, Inishmore, Aran Islands, Co. Galway
- Muckross House and Gardens, Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Rathcroghan Royal Site and Visitors Centre, Co. Roscommon
- Three Castles Head, Dunlough, Co. Cork
- Powerscourt Gardens and House, Co Wicklow
Kilkenny is a regular feature on TripAdvisor’s Top 10 lists of Ireland’s best places and tourist attractions.
The travel bible’s Traveller Choice Awards recently rated Kilkenny as the sixth best destination to visit in the country. Hotel Kilkenny was also placed sixth on TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards for Ireland’s best hotels.
TripAdvisor has also acknowledged the efforts of the local tourist industry outside of the city. Earlier this year Lawcus Farm Guest House in Stoneyford was named Ireland’s fourth best B&B or Guesthouse.