June 18, 2019
News

Relief as €2m funding boost rescues Rehab services in Kilkenny

REHAB services in Kilkenny will not be lost after the groups confirmed it has received an extra €2 million in funding following negotiations.

Around 60 adults in Kilkenny currently use Rehab’s resource and outreach centres.

There had been fears that these services would be lost due to a lack of funding.

However, the group today said the extra funding boost means it does not have to issue a notice of termination to the Health Service Executive (HSE).

The agreement was reached following what has been described as “intensive discussions” between the Rehab Group, the Health Minister Simon Harris, the Minister for Disability Finian McGrath and the HSE.

Rehab Group Chief Executive Mo Flynn said: “We can now continue to provide these vital services to the people who rely on them.

“The news will come as an enormous relief to the people in our services, their families and our dedicated staff who have worked so hard to campaign for the continuation of their services.”

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *